From the moment that we find out we’re pregnant, we want what is best for our baby. A healthy, well balanced diet, light exercise, little stress and sleep are all important for our little one to grow strongly during the nine months.
Although, once we have our baby it is important to still pay attention to their health and needs. As you may already know, breastfeeding is one of the best things you can do for your baby. It is highly recommended and something that is highly looked upon. Although we know it’s good for our baby, what makes it so beneficial?
- To start, breast milk has special antibodies that can help your baby fight against infections, colds, flus and other bugs. This is great because breastfed babies get sick less often.
- Breast milk is easier for a baby to digest and helps stop constipation and diarrhea.
- Breastfeeding can help a mother lose weight sooner by helping the uterus go back to its original size and shape.
- Breastfed babies are known to have a higher IQ and intelligence.
- Spitting up is less common in babies that are breastfed. This is great because it helps keep food and nutrition down. Spitting up can be quite common in babies.
- You can save thousands of dollars each year and for each child you breastfeed. Breastfeeding is 100% free and is a great way to bond with your baby!
- There is no formula that is as beneficial to a mother’s breast milk. A mother’s body and milk changes to meet the needs of your baby even when they’re 2 weeks old or 9 months old.
As you can see, there are several benefits to breastfeeding your baby. Breastfeeding is a beautiful thing that we’re capable of doing. If you have the opportunity, do it for as long as you can! Not only will your baby benefit, but you will too as a mother!
Lauren Dzuris runs FindMyCarSeat, a baby car seat website that helps soon to be parents find the perfect car seat for their child, while giving them tips and advice on everything from pregnancy to caring for your baby.