Family Holiday Guide: Plan the Perfect Vacation
The first thing travelers always want to know when planning on a vacation is how to arrive at their destinations as economically as possible. Airplane travel is expensive at this time because of rising fuel costs and the fact that fewer people are going on vacations. However, people have several options for finding cheap airline tickets.
How to Find Great Deals on Flights
- Fly in the middle of the week rather than the weekend to take advantage of middle of the week discounts.
- Wait until after a major holiday to depart when airline tickets prices fall considerably.
- Choose to fly on Tuesday night, because airlines generally lower their prices after they have finished with the more frequent weekend fliers.
- Very early morning flights and late in the night flights are less popular and, therefore, cheaper.
- Make sure to arrive at the lesser known airports in the city; the more popular airports will be reserved for those airlines that charge their customers more money.
- Make flights on airlines that are known as budget airlines; these are the airlines that seek to lower their costs by flying into those airports that charge lower landing fees.
After travelers have arrived at their destinations, they will need to have a place to reside during their trips. This can be a big expense just like the airline flight can be, but travelers have options in this area, too. Finding inexpensive accommodations is possible; it just takes a little time and preparation.
Ways to Find Cheap Hotels
- Consult the Internet; comparison websites will show travelers the widely varying prices of different hotels, motels, hostels and bed and breakfasts.
- Travelers can obtain an even lower rate than the one quoted on the Internet by calling the hotel directly; make sure it is not the toll-free number, but is the hotel's telephone number.
- Upon calling the hotel, travelers will have to be the ones to request a discount. They can also ask to be upgraded if a discount is not available.
- If the hotel has a lowest rate, but the Internet search presented an even lower rate, travelers can ask the hotel if they will match the lower rate.
- Some websites allow their clients to bid the price they would like to pay for their hotel accommodations; in these cases, travelers must be willing to stay at whatever hotel will accept their bids.
What to Pack On Vacation
The Internet has everything; even websites dedicated to helping people pack their bags. Before travelers leave on their trips, they can visit these types of websites and make sure they have everything on these sites’ must have lists. When packing these items, the best plan is to pack larger items inside the suitcases first. To know what type of clothing to pack, travelers can also utilize the Internet to find out what the weather will be like. To keep the luggage’s weight to a minimum, be sure to only pack what is absolutely necessary.
How To Travel With Young Children
Families traveling with small children can have difficulties keeping their babies happy during the trip. Below are a few tips to help parents make their babies’ trips a little more enjoyable:
- Call the airport before the flight and inquire about an escort pass. The escort pass will allow a spouse or friend to help someone traveling alone with a baby up until it is time to board the plane.
- As strollers will have to be checked thoroughly, arrive at the airport early to navigate through security without having to experience any delays.
- Check the stroller at the gate.
- Have a pacifier or a bottle for babies in the event that their ears succumb to the pressure that increases when the plane takes off and lands.
After following the tips in this guide, travelers will be able to keep the expenses down and have plenty of money to enjoy themselves with when they arrive at their destinations. Have a good trip!
Natasha is a travel writer offering budget advice on how to find family holiday packages. She recommends a fantastic voyage for the whole family, a voyage with Princess Cruises.